Sonplas has over 25 years of experience in the assembly and testing of diesel and gasoline injection components. We want to use our experience for a greener future, with all the new fuels, including hydrogen.
With our demonstrator for testing hydrogen-carrying components with real fuel, we aim to help our customers develop the components to advance this climate-friendly energy source.
An exciting as well as challenging project, accompany us on this way.
Container for safe testing with H2
- Technical ventilation with ATEX certificate: II / 3G/ T3 /IIC (5..7-times air change/h),
- Additional ventilation in case of gas alarm (20..30-times air exchange/h)
- Room temperature control (heating/cooling) with heat recovery
- Nitrogen and hydrogen supply via battery
- Conductive surfaces (ESD)
- Separate supply container
- Individually expandable
June 22, 2021:
Internal Atex concept meeting H2 demonstrator.
Start of procurement phase
Start of design phase
April 23, 2021:
Approval of H2 demonstrator by Sonplas CEO
Presentation of the project in the form of specifications and cost breakdowns
Completion of specifications, completion of technical feasibility study and cost calculation
January to March 2021:
Presentation of Sonplas H2 activities to existing and new customers.
Discussions for upgrading in-house ATEX room for H2 testing.
Collection of information for specification started
Birth of the idea of an H2 demonstrator for testing hydrogen-carrying components with real fuel.