The demonstrator is used for fully automatic alignment, cutting, folding (180° and 90° in Z-orientation) and hot pressing of the pouch cell bag.
The pouch cells (dummy cells) are loaded by hand and moved to the respective stations (cell align / side cutter / 180° folding + press / 90° folding + press) without workpiece carrier. The finished formed pouch cells are again unloaded by hand.
- Multi-stage rolling forming instead of single-stage folding processes:
- Minimal stress on sealed seam and on pouch material
- Very high dimensional stability -> taping not necessary
- No lateral forces on the cell stack
- Very small protrusions (1mm)
- Patented folding process (rolling forming) allows folding closer to the sealing seam -> longer calendar service life of the pouch cell
- Large-format cells can be used (up to 430 mm)
- Transport without workpiece carrier (simple format adjustment, gentle on the product)
- Alignment of the pouch cell
- Punching the excess pouch foil
- 180° forming and hot pressing
- 90° forming and hot pressing